20090512

Distance


Will it ever be the same? It struck me that I am not sure if this is what I want. Today.

A little distance goes a long way. "Walk the mile with me?" More than a mile he said. I begin to run. I try not to look back. Then I do. You are no longer there. Alone.

I look for the horizon. It moves each time I reach out. Like a little child that runs when you reach it. Only this time I don't follow. I stumble. Defeat.

You sit next to me. "Come closer" I think. I want it to be just you and me. Without the silence between us. I look at you. You seem distorted and blurred. I attempt to swallow the glass tears that hurt within. You collect them in your hands. Pearls you say.

I want to walk. Away. Far away. Stuck in a moment. Forever.






2 comments:

  1. Meera your words have a lot of depth.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sharon : Thankyou so much! I am new to the whole blogging thing...its taking me time... Thankyou for your compliment!

    ReplyDelete